Know what drives growth within a real estate team and how to build and scale a profitable team.
Veronica Figueroa is the broker/owner of the Figueroa Team and is one of the 20 agents in the nation who is a Zillow Agent Advisory Board Member. A sought-after speaker and coach, she is also a National Speaker for Zillow, NAHREP, and Inman Connect.
Joined by Eric Perez, a competitive athlete and the VP of Success & Operations of the Figueroa Team, this webinar was an extensive discussion on building and scaling a team effectively in the real estate business.
Here are some key takeaways from the webinar.
The Essentials Of Team Building
- Building a team is about building a community that provides excellence in the industry and helps agents thrive in their careers.
- Sustainable growth is the most important aspect of building a great team. To achieve this, it is essential to understand the overall vision and harbor a sense of consistency and community.
- The role of the brokerage and team leaders is crucial in the team-building process. The kind of strategy and vision they can instill in new recruits and the current staff members is what harbors a sense of belonging and team growth.
Creating Measurable Goals
- Hard work is not always scalable. It is essential to show the team the end goal in sight and encourage them to work smarter.
- The real estate industry is a 100% commission-based business. The profitability of it depends on the agents.
- GCI drives everything. Learning new systems, booking demos, and investing time to understand new and relevant technologies can lead to the discovery of systems and processes that can be effective in scaling profit margins.
Focusing On The Growth Of Your Agents
- Agent 1-1 meets are not for the management but for the agent to discuss goals, create plans, onboard, and create methods to become successful.
- It is the people that build the community. They are the primary drivers of growth followed by systems and processes which aid their development.
- Consistency is key. There will be agents who will push back but it is only a matter of time till they become successful with consistent effort, hard work, and coaching opportunities.