Learn why it's important to have the best systems to measure agent accountability, and how important it is to have a proper training and coaching plan.
Justin Sheppard is the Managing Partner and co-founder of The Agency Texas, an award-winning brokerage. Ranked #7 on RealTrends, Justin’s team has been receiving the title of the 'Top Real Estate Team' by Austin Business Journal every year since 2014.
In this session on Closing More Deals With Better Agent Accountability Systems, Justin talks about what breaks or makes a team - accountable. He discusses every key aspect of the impact of improved agent accountability on team performance and profitability.
Here are some key takeaways from this webinar-
Agent Accountability For Better Deal Closings
- It allows the agent, broker, and the team to work on the same page with clear-cut expectations and responsibilities.
- Accountability is often set to certain standards, through which the best can be pulled out from the agents,
- Effective managers combine data metrics with face-to-face meetings to make their team accountable. The Sheppard Team looks at data closely which makes it a huge plus when it comes to better accountability.
- Success is a combination of effort and outcomes. So while measuring profitability, it’s also necessary to understand the causes behind why certain people are not able to hit their goals and dig down into the root causes.
- High standards should be set during the training and coaching period so that agents come in with the right expectations. It is important to provide the best tools, training, and coaching to agents. It sets up a strong foundation to follow up with them regularly and reinforce the best practices.
- It’s good to have 1-1s with your agents at least monthly to discuss market conditions, get a pulse on team morale, and solve problems together.
Summing It Up
- One has to measure everything that leads to a result. Drill down to connectivity via texts, calls, and emails to identify the missed. Follow it up with coaching to improve performance.
- The Sheppard Team uses Auctm to measure agent accountability as it eliminates the need to go through CRM data and spreadsheets.
- People at the top are what the people at the middle and bottom look up to. So they have a responsibility to be role models.